The General Information required in a scorecard is basically the financial data used for calculations for specific elements. This is the only section in the Toolkit that does not have a spreadsheet to bulk upload data.
Select the relevant scorecard from your scorecards list or shortcut from the Scorecards icon on the toolbar.
Open the scorecard by clicking on its description and click on the General Information tab.
Capture the required fields with applicable amounts
- Revenue: the company year-to-date or annual turnover.
- Net profit after tax (NPAT): year-to-date or annual profits after Income Tax deduction.
- Value of the business: the business evaluation or equity value.
- Leviable amount: the amount on which the Skills Development Levy is paid, i.e. SDL amount multiplied by 100.
- Industry Norm: select form the drop-down list the industry under which you operate.
Tick the ‘Apply average industry norm’ box if the Verification Agency you use applies it that way.
Then click ‘SAVE CHANGES’.
Should the company run at a loss, or should the company’s profit margin (NPAT/Revenue) fail to meet a quarter of the industry norm selected, then the system will request the previous 4 years revenue and NPAT:
Capturing SDL amounts instead of Leviable Amount
If the SDL fields are not appearing on the screen below the Industry norm field, click on ‘Show Calculator’:
Then capture the SDL amounts together with the applicable periods for the system to calculate the leviable amount, and ‘Save Changes’: