SCOPE OF APPLICATION
The Amended Tourism B-BBEE Sector Code applies to enterprises and all parts of its value chain within the following sectors:
- Resort properties and timeshare;
- Bed and breakfast;
- Guest houses;
- Game lodges; and
- Backpackers and hostels.
Hospitality and related services:
- Restaurants (not attached to hotels);
- Conference venues (not attached to hotels);
- Professional catering;
- Attractions and casinos; and
- Consulting and professional services companies.
Travel and related services:
- Tour wholesalers;
- Tour operators;
- Travel agents;
- Tourist guides;
- Car rental companies; and
- Coach operators.
Exempt Micro Enterprise (EME)
Companies with an annual revenue of R5 Million or less.
Qualifying Small Enterprise (QSE)
Companies with an annual revenue of more than R 5 Million but less than R45 Million.
Companies with an annual revenue of more than R45 Million.