When it comes to Enterprise and Supplier Development, most companies struggle to either find SD and ED initiatives that they can contribute to or struggle to gain the necessary acknowledgement for ED initiatives already in place. Below you will find a list of potential documentation as well as the reason why they may be required:
- Your Company's Audited Financial Statements and/or Management Accounts to confirm NPAT / Leviable Amount (Construction BEP Charter) / Turnover.
- Proof of SD or ED beneficiary black ownership. This could be in the form of Affidavits for EMEs and QSE’s and BEE certificates for Generics that were EMEs or QSEs when first assisted.
- Agreement between your company and the beneficiary to prove an SD or ED relationship. This agreement usually stipulates: a) the duration of the relationship; b) the initiative(s) / contribution(s); as well as any rights that parties may have to claim specific performance and/or cancel the agreement.
- An acknowledgement letter from the beneficiary confirming that the initiatives and/or contributions as stated in the agreement have actually been implemented. Please find attached a template of an acknowledgement letter.
- Proof of the contribution value. This could be in the form of a bank deposit slip or bank statement (confirming the amount of the ED Contribution), independent valuation letter of items granted / donated, proof of the cost incurred (where cost were incurred to assist the beneficiary), etc. For shorter payment periods, please remember to include both the invoice and proof of payment to prove time-frames.
P.S. This document serves only as a guide of the most commonly requested documents. Certain verification agencies may require more or less information
Supplier/Beneficiary Name: Company name of the supplier development or enterprise development beneficiary
Date of first assistance: The initial date the beneficiary was first assisted
Black Ownership when first assisted: The black ownership percentage reflected on the BEE certificate or affidavit when the beneficiary was first assisted
Size when first assisted: The company size reflected on the BEE certificate or affidavit when the beneficiary was first assisted. (EME or QSE)
Current black ownership: The black ownership percentage reflected on the beneficiary’s current BEE certificate or affidavit.
Current size: The company size reflected on the beneficiary’s current BEE certificate. (EME, QSE or Generic)
Contribution description: A brief description of the assistance provided by the measured entity to the beneficiary.
Date of transaction: The date the contribution was made or paid.
Contribution type: Contribution type as per Annexe 400 (B) of the amended code series 400. Drop down list available on template.
Amount: The value of the contribution or grant paid to the beneficiary.
Invoice date: Date of the invoice (for shorter payment periods, for supplier development only)
Payment Date: The date the invoice was paid (for shorter payments periods, for supplier development only)
Prime rate: The prime interest rate. (For loan contributions)
Actual rate: Actual interest rate. (For loan contributions)
Location: The location of the business unit that made the contribution.
Business unit: The business unit of the measured entity that made the contribution.