Step 1: Go to www.beagledatabase.co.za and click on the 'Upload a Scorecard' button, as indicated below.
Step 2: Enter in the company's VAT number and expiry date as it appears on the certificate or affidavit and click ‘Next Step’. Note that for affidavits, the expiry date will be the day before it was signed and stamped but a year later.
* Please note that the system validates VAT numbers using a SARS algorithm, and will not accept incorrect VAT numbers. If the VAT number reflecting on your certificate or affidavit is incorrect, please authenticate the VAT number using the company's VAT certificate.
Step 3: If the VAT number entered in Step 2 above has never been uploaded onto the Beagle system previously, please skip ahead to Step 4 below.
If the VAT number is known to the Beagle database, you will be notified that a company with that VAT number has already been uploaded onto the Beagle database (as per the screen below). You can now either load your certificate against an existing name (selected from the drop-down) or you could also load the certificate against a new company (the last option on the drop-down). This will lead you to Step 4.
Step 4: Next, you will be prompted to capture further information about the certificate or affidavit, as shown in the following instruction. Please ensure to indicate information exactly as per the certificate or affidavit.
- Trading name (depending on step 3 above)
- Region (or regions of operation - you can select multiple regions or choose national if they operate country wide)
- Commodity (what commodity does this organisation trade in - this is list is however limited, so if the commodity is not on the list, please indicate the commodity as "Other")
- Company size (either Generic, QSE or EME; as per the certificate / affidavit / auditor's letter)
- Type of evidence (either BEE certificate or affidavit)
- Verification agency (Only applicable if the type of evidence above is a BEE certificate)
- Measured under (please select whether the certificate being loaded is under the 2007 Codes of Good Practice (CoGP) or 2013 Revised (Amended) Codes of Good Practice (RCoGP) as per the certificate. All affidavits are measured under RCoGP.
- Level (The B-BBEE level as per the certificate or affidavit)
- Value adding supplier (Only applicable if you selected Codes of Good Practice (CoGP) under "Measured under" as per the certificate)
- Empowering supplier (Only applicable if you selected Revised Codes of Good Practice (RCoGP) under "Measure under" as per the certificate. All EME affidavits are deemed to be empowering)
- Black designated group ownership >51% (Only applicable if you selected Revised Codes of Good Practice (RCoGP) under "Measure under" as per the certificate or affidavit)
- Black and Black female ownership (This is a percentage as per the certificate or affidavit)
- Has the above ownership been modified? (This information will reflect on the certificate)
- Unmodified black ownership (This is a percentage as per certificate)
- Unmodified black female ownership (This is a percentage as per certificate)
- Certificate number (as it reflects on the certificate)
To complete the upload, click on "Choose File" or "Browse" to search for a PDF version of the certificate or affidavit, which you will need to have saved before-hand. Then click on the 'Upload Certificate' button.