Uploading Supplier BBBEE information
1. Click on the Supplier Database icon shown below.
2. Your list of suppliers will appear as illustrated below. If you have not yet loaded suppliers, the list will be blank.
NB: Compliance information will automatically pull through from our scorecard database, provided you upload the supplier list with VAT numbers included. Consequently suppliers without VAT numbers will not have compliance details pulling through OR if the relevant VAT number does not exist in the database, the relevant information will not pull through. You can then upload the scores manually as follows:
3. You have a choice to add suppliers scores per supplier or via spreadsheet. To add the scores per supplier, click on the the name of the supplier. To add supplier scores, click on the link as illustrated below.
4. By clicking on the name of the supplier (Step 3) you will be taken to the screen below. Click New Score to create a new B-BBEE score for the supplier.
5. This requires you to fill in the following fields, and save the suppliers one by one, by clicking on the Save score button.
6. If you choose to enter suppliers via a spreadsheet - (this is the recommended method) click on the Upload scores link. This is indicated on the screen below.
7. Once you have clicked on the link, you will be required to follow the steps provided in downloading a copy of the supplier score template. See the screen below.
NB: It is important to use the template provided, as the system will only read data off the latest template.
The spreadsheet template for suppliers includes the following columns:
• Vendor Code: Enter the vendor code of the supplier. This code is a unique identifier assigned to each supplier internally. This is a mandatory field, your spreadsheet will not upload if you leave this field blank. The Supplier Management System uses the vendor code to associate other various sets of data to your suppliers.
• Company Size: Enter the size of the supplier. This is determined by the amount of revenue a company yields i.e. a company yielding a revenue of R5 mil or less is classified as an Exempted Micro Enterprise (EME); a company that has a revenue of between R5 mil and R35 mil is classified as Qualified Small Enterprise (QSE); whereas a company with a revenue of more than R35 mil is classified as a Generic/ Large Enterprise.
• Level: Enter the recognition level of the client. This is defined as the level of recognition (BEE status) a client receives from buying from a B-BBEE compliant supplier.
• Valid Until: Enter the date date on which the supplier's B-BBEE certificate expires.
• % Black Owned: Enter the percentage of the supplier's black ownership.
• % Black Female Owned: Enter the percentage of the supplier's black female ownership.
• Value Adding: State whether or not the supplier is value adding.
8. Once you have populated the spreadsheet save it to a location on your computer, and then follow the instructions listed below.
a. Click on the Browse or Choose File button;
b. Select the saved spreadsheet in the location on your computer; and then
c. Click on the Save button.
The system will upload the spreadsheet and populate the BEE scores data accordingly.
When using the spreadsheet upload facilities please use the spreadsheet template provided on the system as the Supplier Management System will not be able to read data from another spreadsheet. When populating the spreadsheet it needs to be in the format as indicated on the template. Where applicable please make use of the drop down fields to specify your data input.
9. Should there be any errors on your spreadsheet, the system will give you an error message. Therefore, by clicking on the link the error message will give you an indication as to what information is incorrect. An instance of an error message is shown below.
NB: In the event of receiving an error message, all correctly input data will be uploaded into the system; therefore you would have to amend the mistakes and re-upload the amended suppliers.
NOTE: This scorecard will only be available to you on the Supplier Management System; should you want it pulled through to the BEEtoolkit, you must upload your supplier's scorecard onto Beagle (www.beagledatabase.co.za)