Updating Suppliers Information
1. Select the Supplier Database icon from the dashboard page, as shown below.
2. Your list of suppliers will appear, as illustrated below.
3. You have a choice to update suppliers individually or via spreadsheet. To update them individually, click on the supplier name, as shown below.
4. On the toolbar click on the Edit company link, as shown below.
5. Update the necessary fields, and save the new information by clicking on the Update button.
6. In the event of having too many suppliers to update information for, otherwise referred to as a Bulk Supplier Update, you are recommended to use the spreadsheet. To do so, click on the Upload suppliers link. This is shown below.
7. Once you have clicked on the link, you will be required to follow the steps provided in downloading a copy of the supplier template. See the screen below.
NB: In this specific event, you will only input the supplier vendor codes and new details i.e. to change the trading name, enter the suppliers vendor code and the new trading name, and then leave all the other columns blank.
8. Once you have populated the spreadsheet save it to a location on your computer, and then follow the instructions listed below:
a. Click on the Browse or Choose File button;
b. Select the saved spreadsheet in the location on your computer; and then
c. Click on the Save button.
9. If any of the Vendor Codes match those in the system, the system will update those specific suppliers.
- Any field left blank will NOT overwrite the existing data in the system.
- All valid rows WILL be imported into the system.
The system will upload the spreadsheet and populate the suppliers data accordingly.